Asparagus Ham Strata Recipe
- 12 slices white bread
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), diced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Using a doughnut cutter, cut 12 circles and holes from bread; set aside. Tear remaining bread in pieces and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Layer with cheese, asparagus and ham; arrange bread circles and holes on top. Lightly beat eggs with milk. Add onion, salt and mustard; mix well. Pour egg mixture over bread circles and holes. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 55 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Strata
Sort By :
Made this Thanksgiving for the family breakfast. Easy, yummy, and filling! For Christmas morning, I will be using cooked sausage in place of the ham.
Made this dish last weekend and received rave reviews. It's so simple too. I threw in sauteed leeks instead of the onions and added some specialty mustard in addition to the ground mustard. My guests thought the bread circles were biscuits because they puffed up so nicely. It's a keeper in my recipe file. Try it too.