Asparagus Ham Spirals Recipe
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 carton (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 thin rectangular slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place asparagus in a skillet; add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top each with ham, leaving 1/4 in. uncovered on one long side. Place two asparagus spears along the long side with the ham; roll up and press seam to seal.
- Cut each roll into seven pieces. Place cut side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over spirals. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 28 appetizers.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Spirals(5)
Sort By :
If freezing, do you cook first?
Fun to make. More bready than I thought they'd be but the flavor was really nice. Husband loved.
Followed recipe to a t, big hit! I did add Swiss cheese on top to some and those seemed to go faster!
Big hit, easy to make, followed recipe exactly, except forgot to add the butter/garlic wash. Delicious anyway
I make this all the time and always get asked for the recipe. If I don't have asparagus, I use bacon. I like to keep some on hand in freezer for last minute entertaining. I freeze them in the big rolls before cutting up in small pieces!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >