These appealing appetizers are sure to be a hit at your next party. I'm on the arts council in our small town, so I came up with this snack recipe to serve at some of the events we cater. People will think you really fussed with these yummy bits! -Linda Fischer Stuttgart, Arkansas
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 4 thin rectangular slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place asparagus in a skillet; add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top each with ham, leaving 1/4 in. uncovered on one long side. Place two asparagus spears along the long side with the ham; roll up and press seam to seal.
- Cut each roll into seven pieces. Place cut side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over spirals. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 28 appetizers.
Originally published as Asparagus Ham Spirals in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p31
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Spirals
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review