Asparagus Ham Salad with Mustard Dressing Recipe
From her Nepean, Ontario home, subscriber Lorrie Donald pens, "Our entire family loves asparagus! This recipe is among our very favorites. The salad has such a fresh taste, while the Dijon mustard adds a bit of tartness to the dressing."
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar if desired; shake well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Place asparagus in a serving bowl. Top with ham, onions and dressing. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 159 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Salad with Mustard Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC