Asparagus Ham Salad with Mustard Dressing
From her Nepean, Ontario home, subscriber Lorrie Donald pens, "Our entire family loves asparagus! This recipe is among our very favorites. The salad has such a fresh taste, while the Dijon mustard adds a bit of tartness to the dressing."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until
- crisp-tender, about 6 minutes; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil,
- vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar if desired; shake well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Place asparagus in a serving
- bowl. Top with ham, onions and dressing. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium,