I love this delicious recipe because it includes three of my favorite locally produced foods—ham, asparagus and cheese. Prepared with leftover Easter ham and fresh asparagus, these rolls make an excellent springtime meal. —Laurie Timm Minneiska, Minnesota
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 fresh or frozen asparagus spears
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. Place three asparagus spears on each ham slice. Roll up; secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Ham Rolls in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review