- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 fresh or frozen asparagus spears
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. Place three asparagus spears on each ham slice. Roll up; secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Rolls
Sort By :
"have made this several times as directed but had 1 daughter request turkey instead for dietary reasons. Used sliced turkey sandwich meat and it turned out great! I now make it alternating turkey and ham wraps to accommodate everyone at the table and very rarely are there leftovers for my meal at work!"
"This will be the second time I have made this wonderful recipe,the only change I made was add a bit more cheese and some garlic. The flavors blend so nicely, and a great meal for company! Yummy!!"
"My husband loves this dish and it is so easy to make."
"I used skim milk and reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese and it tasted great! What wonderful way to use asparagus!"