Asparagus Ham Rolls Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 fresh or frozen asparagus spears
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. Place three asparagus spears on each ham slice. Roll up; secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Rolls(3)
Sort By :
This will be the second time I have made this wonderful recipe,the only change I made was add a bit more cheese and some garlic. The flavors blend so nicely, and a great meal for company! Yummy!!
My husband loves this dish and it is so easy to make.
I used skim milk and reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese and it tasted great! What wonderful way to use asparagus!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >