- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 8 thin slices deli ham or prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 whole chives
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip and cheese strip on each piece of ham. Roll up tightly; tie with a chive. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Roll-Ups
Sort By :
"Super simple and tasty! They disappear quick"
"Quick, attractive, and tasty!"
"This recipe has been "borrowed" by Sam's Club®. Look here http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/recipes/asparagus-ham-roll-ups-recipe?pid=EMC_20130306_5&rid=1100746608&cid=promoemail."
"Absolutely delish! I blanched all the vegs (even the chives) before assembling. I froze them individually on a cookie sheet. To serve, I thawed, and heated 10 mins at 350 or til warm (cold didn't appeal to me). Received huge raves from my company."