Asparagus Ham Roll-Ups Recipe
Havarti cheese, asparagus and red peppers make these tasty roll-ups ideal for a spring celebration. Fresh chive ties give them a fussed-over look, but they're a cinch to make! —Rhonda Struthers, Ottawa, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 8 thin slices deli ham or prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 whole chives
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip and cheese strip on each piece of ham. Roll up tightly; tie with a chive. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 roll-up equals 69 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC