Havarti cheese, asparagus and red peppers make these tasty roll-ups ideal for a spring celebration. Fresh chive ties give them a fussed-over look, but they're a cinch to make! —Rhonda Struthers, Ottawa, Ontario
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 8 thin slices deli ham or prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 whole chives
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip and cheese strip on each piece of ham. Roll up tightly; tie with a chive. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Ham Roll-Ups in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p55
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review