Asparagus Ham Quiche Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In two greased 9-in. pie plates, layer the asparagus, ham, cheese and onion. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture in half and pour over asparagus mixture in each pie plate. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 261 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.