- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In two greased 9-in. pie plates, layer the asparagus, ham, cheese and onion. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture in half and pour over asparagus mixture in each pie plate. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Quiche
"SHOULD BE CALLED ONION QUICHE. A LITTLE ONION MIGHT HAVE BEEN OK, BUT ALL WE COULD TASTE WAS ONION. I THREW 90% OF IT INTO THE GARBAGE."
"This was so delicious! We love asparagus and it has such a short growing season here in Michigan, you just can't beat fresh veggies! I blanched the fresh asparagus for a minute and patted it dry before using. I was out of onion, but the flavors of the ham, Swiss and asparagus really stood strong, I think I'll make it w/out onion the next time as well. Also, I think I'll try gruyere cheese like MariylnSRV."
"Just aded to my RB. I lik fact that it's packed with great tasting asparagus and ham. Have not made yet but would sat this will be a welcome dish at our table."
"I've made this several times now. I've made it as written and other times with some minor changes. This is excellent and so easy, and every time I serve it, it gets raves from all ages. It also reheats well in the microwave. The changes I've made are: 1) I've made the recipe in a 13 x 9 inch pan, reduced the heat to 350 and just increased the baking time 2) I've used different combinations of cheeses -- gruyere + swiss, or medium cheddar + swiss 3) I've used different meats -- browned bulk sausage or chopped, crisped bacon 4) I've used broccoli and/or spinach instead of the asparagus. If you use fresh green vegetables, I recommend steaming them for 2-3 minutes in the microwave before adding them. You can also add 2 additional eggs and 1/2 cup milk for added nutrition. This is a winner no matter how you make it!"
"This is excellent for a brunch or for when guests sleep over. It's a breeze to put together-and it makes it's own crust without the fuss. That means more time for my guests and there are never leftovers."