Asparagus Ham Lasagna Recipe
Our family had an asparagus farm during the Depression. My brother and I picked and sorted spears after school and on weekends...and, needless to say, we ate this vegetable quite often. This is one of the best ways Mother fixed it. Jane Galvin, Englewood, Florida
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- Pepper to taste
- 5 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and thyme in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pepper.
- Cut noodles in half; place four noodles in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer a third of the white sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham and asparagus over noodles. Top with three noodles and another layer of sauce, cheese, ham and asparagus. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Lasagna in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Lasagna(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Pasta >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >