Asparagus Ham Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- Pepper to taste
- 5 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1. In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and thyme in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pepper.
- 3. Cut noodles in half; place four noodles in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer a third of the white sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham and asparagus over noodles. Top with three noodles and another layer of sauce, cheese, ham and asparagus. Repeat layers.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 358 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Lasagna
"I have made this recipe several times and it's always SO delicious! My family loves it and asks for it all the time - even the ones that don't really care for asparagas."
"The whole family enjoyed it. I would cut up the asparagus though, as it was harder to cut when the spears were intact."
"I've made this many time and it's delicious! A great way to use leftover ham."