Asparagus Ham Lasagna Recipe
Our family had an asparagus farm during the Depression. My brother and I picked and sorted spears after school and on weekends...and, needless to say, we ate this vegetable quite often. This is one of the best ways Mother fixed it. — Jane Galvin, Englewood, Florida
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- Pepper to taste
- 5 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and thyme in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pepper.
- Cut noodles in half; place four noodles in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer a third of the white sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham and asparagus over noodles. Top with three noodles and another layer of sauce, cheese, ham and asparagus. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Lasagna in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p27
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review