Asparagus Ham Fettuccine Recipe
Rebecca Baird (below), a field editor from Salt Lake City, utah sent the recipe for this entree that is quick to fix for every day but is also perfect as a special meal to share with another person.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil; add asparagus. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the ham, walnuts, onion, sage and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add asparagus; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain fettuccine; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Ham Fettuccine in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Fettuccine(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Pasta >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >