Asparagus Ham Dinner Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 6 ounces boneless fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute asparagus and yellow pepper in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and ham; heat through.
- Drain pasta; add to the vegetable mixture. Stir in seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Dinner(9)
Sort By :
I decided to change the recipe up a bit. I didn't think there was enough flavor. I added 1/2 an onion and 2 cloves garlic, a dash of red pepper flakes and more oil. I also used canned diced tomatoes that had seasoning in it. With all the changes, it came out pretty yummy. I would try it again, but only with these changes.
I only wish there were negative stars for this tasteless meal. There was absolutely no flavor. Good ham, wasted. Good asparagus, wasted. Good peppers, wasted. Good tomatoes, wasted. BLEH!
I've made this recipe two times now, love the fresh ingredients used in it. It will continue to be one i make often.
I am not a fan of asparagus but I thought this dish was excellent!
This was so easy and everyone in my family liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >