Asparagus Ham Bites Recipe
Fresh asparagus, honey mustard, ham and cheese make a tasty filling for these bite-size rounds of toasted whole wheat bread. I like to assemble them ahead of time and bake them as guests arrive. -Lucille Mead Ilion, New York
- 6 fresh thin asparagus spears
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 6 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Trim asparagus to 5-1/4 in. Flatten bread with a rolling pin; brush one side of each slice with oil. Place bread, oiled side down, on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with mustard; top with cheese, ham and asparagus. Roll up tightly and place seam side down.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until just crisp. Sprinkle with paprika. Cut each roll into four pieces. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Bites
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC