- stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a saucepan; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces; roll each piece into a 5-in. circle.
- Place a few pieces of asparagus, a cheese cube and a tablespoon of
- ham in the center of each circle. Wrap dough around filling,
- pinching seams to seal. Place rolls, seam side down, 2 in. apart on
- baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a
- warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg white; brush over rolls. Bake at 350° for
- 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One roll equals 129 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 lean meat.