Asparagus Guacamole Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Assorted raw vegetables and tortilla chips
- Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain;
- Place asparagus in a blender. Add onion and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, cilantro, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the asparagus mixture until blended. Serve with vegetables and chips. Refrigerate leftovers; stir before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Guacamole(1)
Sort By :
This is very very good! My boyfriend and I decided that this was the best guacamole we have ever had!
Here is a tip to reduce the amount of calories in this already low-cal recipe:
We did change the recipe a little.
We used about 4 tbspns of FAGE non-fat Greek yogurt instead of the mayo, and used an entire medium tomato instead of 1/3 cup.
With these changes we calculated that the calories for the entire 2 cup mixture is about 192 calories. This means that the total calorie count was 60 calories less with these changes.
These changes cause each 1/3 cup serving size 32 calories, making the recipe 10 calories less per serving!
Yummmmm, guilt-free eating!
We will definitely make this again!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Avocado Dip >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Guacamole Dip >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Finger Foods >