- 2/3 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg substitute, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in asparagus and parsley. Pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cut into quarters. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Frittata
"It's really quite good, especially for such a quick, "no work" recipe. Of course, I used butter to saute the onions, and about 3 times the cheese specified, but I always do that sort of thing! This was the first time I've eaten Eggbeaters, and I was pleasantly surprised."
"Good! I used 6 eggs. Is on our list of favorites! Also good with 1/4 cup of chopped, shaved deli ham added when eggs are added."
"Good! Will probably make again. I did use real eggs because that was all I had on hand."
"I have made this numerous times and will keep making it. I do use six eggs instead of egg substitute."
"This is easy and fast-doubled it for a potluck-it is also good cold-a winner"