- 2/3 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg substitute, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in asparagus and parsley. Pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cut into quarters. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Frittata
Sort By :
"Good! I used 6 eggs. Is on our list of favorites! Also good with 1/4 cup of chopped, shaved deli ham added when eggs are added."
"Start your day off wrong with this shitty ass meal... Please don't eat this. It ruined my life."
"Good! Will probably make again. I did use real eggs because that was all I had on hand."
"I have made this numerous times and will keep making it. I do use six eggs instead of egg substitute."