Low-fat food can look just as appealing as heavy entrees. Wrapped around asparagus bundles, these mouthwatering fish fillets are an ideal example. The basil-thyme sauce is an exceptional touch to the lovely dinner.—Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap each fillet around five asparagus spears; secure with toothpicks. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Discard toothpicks from bundles; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Fish Bundles in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p63
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Fish Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review