Asparagus Fish Bundles Recipe
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap each fillet around five asparagus spears; secure with toothpicks. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Discard toothpicks from bundles; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Fish Bundles(3)
Sort By :
This was absolutely horrible. The worst part was the sauce. For lack of a better way to describe it, it tasted like Vick's Vapo Rub smells. Luckily I tasted it before I poured it over the fish. That wasn't great, but it was at least edible. Easy to prepare, but boy was this awful!
Make more of the sauce, it reduces alot and it's yummy!
Great way to combine healthy fish with healthy greens. Easy to make. Sauce adds the finishing touch.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >