Asparagus Fish Bake Recipe
- 6 medium fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 7 crackers)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. Place the asparagus in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with fish; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over fish.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; stir in crackers and parsley. Sprinkle over cheese sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 325 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Fish Bake
"Absolutely Delicious will definitely make this again! Great Flavor."
"This recipe turned out great! My husband and 14 month old gobbled it down, and neither one of them is a real fish eater. The fish was very tender and moist. The flavors of the asparagus and the fish worked well together. Will definitely be making again!"
"Made it using cod and turned out beautifully. Would definitely make again!"
"I prepared the recipe as directed. The haddock was a bit bland and I didn't care for the asparagus cooked that way. Possibly I would try it again but cook the asparagus separately in the oven just roasted with oil and salt and pepper."
"Very easy and tasty. I used Tilapia filets"
"Thought it was very good! The Asparagus really makes the dish!!"
"I tryed this dish tonight and hubby really liked it, will make again."
"this dish sounds delicious, i wonder how it would taste with a hollandaise sauce instead of cheese sauce."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.