Asparagus Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (prepared with 2% milk) equals 396 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.