Asparagus Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Fettuccine
Sort By :
"My husband and I both loved this recipe. I used frozen asparagus & it turned out great. I also added cooked cubed chicken along with the cheeses and milk. The only thing I would change would be the amount of milk- it was very thick so next time I make this I'll add more milk to thin the sauce a bit. The leftovers were good too!"
"This recipe is so delicious and very simple to make! I've made it about 3 times now and I would recommend doubling the recipe so you have more of this yummy pasta! My sister loves it too now."
"Very easy to make and incredible flavour! A definite keeper. Next time I make it I am going to incorporate chopped porcini or portobello mushrooms, and replace the milk with white wine. The flavour and presentation quality of this recipe is outstanding compared to the ease with which is created."
"I made this as a main dish for my vegetarian aunt. We ALL loved it!"