Asparagus is in season, so celebrate with this satisfying meatless dish from Genise Krause of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. The tender spears pair beautifully with the creamy white sauce, which is tossed with fettuccine right in the skillet.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Fettuccine in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p56
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review