Asparagus-Fennel Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 12 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place asparagus, onions and fennel in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, parsley and roasted vegetables.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 14 servings.
3/4 cup: 167 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Asparagus-Fennel Pasta Salad
"I made this recipe for a picnic. I tripled the recipe. It was a huge hit. I will make this again for other potluck/picnics."
"I liked this recipe. great for the summer"
"I liked this recipe. Great for the summer."