- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 dozen flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup green taco sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Soften tortillas in the hot oil 30 seconds per side. Drain on paper towel; cool.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Blend in flour. Whisk in chicken broth, cook and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and taco sauce. Keep warm but do not boil. Divide the chicken, 2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and all but 2 tablespoons of the onions over the 12 tortillas. Arrange asparagus over filling with the tips extending beyond the tortillas. Top each with 2 tablespoons sauce. Roll up and arrange, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with reserved sauce and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese and return to the oven just until melted. Garnish with olives and reserved onions. Serve with additional green taco sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Asparagus Enchiladas(6)
Sort By :
Very good and easy. What i did cooked the chicken early in the day and the things needed to be cooked. And cleaned the Asparagus. Then laid them all on the counter and went from thee. Only took me about 20 minutes.
I didn't manage to follow the recipe exactly, because I was trying to halve it and wound up using more cheese than it called for. I also substitued enchilada sauce for the green taco sauce. It still turned out absolutely delicious, and as my friend said it's going on the "keep and make again" list.
Very Good very easy to make. Wondering Why it took 1-1/2 hours to make.
Really good! Took me an 1 1/2 hours to make but worth the time. My friends and husband seemed to enjoy as well. Im always on the lookout for different things and this fits that!
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >