Asparagus Eggs Benedict Recipe
This is a favorite springtime Sunday brunch item at our house. If I'm not in a time crunch, I will make a hollandaise sauce from scratch. —Mark Morgan
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 6 eggs
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- 2. Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 2-3 in. water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close to the surface of the water, slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water.
- 3. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water.
- 4. To assemble, place 4 pieces of asparagus on each muffin half; top with a poached egg; sprinkle with cheese. Top each with about 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce; garnish with paprika. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC