Asparagus Dijon Ham Rolls Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 fresh or frozen asparagus spears
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham, (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 to 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced or chopped
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and cook until bubbly and thickened. Stir in mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place three asparagus spears on each ham slice. Roll up; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; cover with sauce. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until asparagus reaches desired doneness. Place egg over sauce just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Dijon Ham Rolls(4)
Sort By :
A very easy, tasty and satisfying light dinner.
Smoked honey turkey lunchmeat and cooked for 27 minutes.
Delicious! I modified it a bit - left out the horseradish (because I don't like the stuff), and added some lemon juice. I also put a piece of cheese (provolone) inside each roll. I put the sauce all over, rather than just in the middle, as pictured, because I thought the asparagus might dry out in the oven otherwise. I also didn't use the egg, as I already had an egg dish. It was sooooo good! Everyone loved it - will definitely make this again!
I loved this recipe. This is probably the best tasting way that I have ever made asparagus before.
Presentation was so elegant on my Thanksgiving brunch table. Flavor was wonderful. Lots of compliments . This did not take long to prep, no need for toothpicks. Maybe because I cut off the end a little bit more because I wanted the more tender part. Left the spear tops exposed but evened out the bottom with the ham slices. Also put it in an 11x7 pan then.