Fresh asparagus is the best in the early spring and is wonderful in this recipe. The ham and Dijon mustard add delicious flavor which will help this dish disappear fast.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 fresh or frozen asparagus spears
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham, (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 to 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced or chopped
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and cook until bubbly and thickened. Stir in mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place three asparagus spears on each ham slice. Roll up; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; cover with sauce. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until asparagus reaches desired doneness. Place egg over sauce just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Dijon Ham Rolls in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2004
Reviews for Asparagus Dijon Ham Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review