Asparagus Crepes Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 24 asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. For batter, combine milk and egg in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add flour; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet; lift and tilt pan to coat evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- 3. Place six asparagus spears on one side of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. In a saucepan, whisk egg yolks and water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon or until the temperature reaches 160°. Whisk in the butter, lemon juice, salt and cayenne. Pour over warm crepes; sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 315 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 343 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Crepes
"I made this for company and it was wonderful!"