Asparagus Cream Cheese Omelet
WHEN asparagus is in season, it seems it appears at every one of my meals. Not only does it go well with eggs, but it presents a very appetizing omelet.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- Fill a small saucepan three-fourths full with water; bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper
- flakes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high
- heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edge.
- As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting
- uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top one side with
- cream cheese and asparagus. Fold omelet in half. Reduce heat to low;
- let stand, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Cut
- omelet in half before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling