When asparagus is in season, it makes an appearance at almost all of my meals. It tastes fantastic in this omelet, and it looks pretty, too. —Jane Cain, Junction City, Ohio
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- Fill a small saucepan three-fourths full with water; bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper flakes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edge. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top one side with cream cheese and asparagus. Fold omelet in half. Reduce heat to low; let stand, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Cut omelet in half before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Cream Cheese Omelet in Reminisce Extra May 2007, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Cream Cheese Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review