Asparagus Crab Quiche Recipe
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh asparagus spears for garnish
- 1. Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well and pat dry. Arrange cooked asparagus over bottom of pastry. Top with crabmeat. Combine Swiss cheese and flour; sprinkle over crab.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour into pastry. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Arrange fresh asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top of quiche.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 397 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Asparagus Crab Quiche
"Excellent - I added more crab to give it more flavour"