Asparagus Crab Quiche Recipe
I almost always serve this quiche when I have company for lunch because it makes such a pretty presentation, but it's not hard to make. It gets rave reviews from family and friendsalmost everyone who tastes it asks for the recipe.
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh asparagus spears for garnish
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well and pat dry. Arrange cooked asparagus over bottom of pastry. Top with crabmeat. Combine Swiss cheese and flour; sprinkle over crab.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour into pastry. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Arrange fresh asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top of quiche.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Crab Quiche in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p69
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Crab Quiche(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >