Asparagus Crab Omelets Recipe
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) provolone cheese, shredded
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add half of the egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the crab, asparagus and provolone cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Repeat for second omelet. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 407 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 541mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Crab Omelets
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.