Asparagus Crab Omelets
These satisfying omelets are filled with a savory blend of crabmeat, asparagus, tomatoes and provolone cheese...and they're attractive enough to serve guests. Sometimes I top these omelets with hollandaise sauce.
-Mae Jean Damron
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) provolone cheese, shredded
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in.
- of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and
- pepper. Stir in tomatoes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add
- half of the egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the
- crab, asparagus and provolone cheese over one side; fold omelet over
- filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Repeat for second omelet. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 407 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 541 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.