Asparagus Crab Omelets with Hollandaise Recipe
Impress your weekend guests with this springtime treatment for eggs from Dave Eddy of Miles City, Montana. It's elegant with crab, asparagus and lemon-colored hollandaise sauce prepared from a convenient mix.
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) hollandaise sauce mix
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus, cooked, divided
- 2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped, divided
- Minced chives
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions; set aside and keep warm.
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add half of the egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on one side. Layer with 1 cup asparagus, 1 cup crab and 1/2 cup cheese; fold omelet in half. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Invert omelet onto a plate. Repeat for second omelet. Serve with hollandaise sauce. Garnish with chives. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Crab Omelets in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus Crab Omelets with Hollandaise(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >