- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) provolone cheese, shredded
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add half of the egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the crab, asparagus and provolone cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Repeat for second omelet. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Crab Omelets in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus Crab Omelets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review