Asparagus Chicken Sandwiches
No one will be able to resist these lovely open-faced sandwiches that definitely say "spring". Served on toasted English muffins, slices of chicken and tomato are topped with fresh asparagus spears, then draped with a creamy lemon sauce. "This is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey," says Anca Cretan of Hagerstown, Maryland.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked chicken breast
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus
- in ice water. Drain and pat dry. In the same pan, combine the sour
- cream, lemon juice, mustard and salt; heat through.
- Place chicken on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 30-40
- seconds or until warmed.
- Place two English muffin halves on each plate. Top with chicken,
- tomatoes, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 topped muffin halves) equals 385 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,