Asparagus Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked chicken breast
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. In the same pan, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and salt; heat through.
- 2. Place chicken on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until warmed.
- 3. Place two English muffin halves on each plate. Top with chicken, tomatoes, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 topped muffin halves) equals 385 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.