No one will be able to resist these lovely open-faced sandwiches that definitely say "spring". Served on toasted English muffins, slices of chicken and tomato are topped with fresh asparagus spears, then draped with a creamy lemon sauce. "This is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey," says Anca Cretan of Hagerstown, Maryland.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked chicken breast
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. In the same pan, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and salt; heat through.
- Place chicken on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until warmed.
- Place two English muffin halves on each plate. Top with chicken, tomatoes, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Chicken Sandwiches in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p5
Reviews for Asparagus Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review