Asparagus-Chicken Pie Recipe
- 1 cup cooked fresh asparagus
- 1 unbaked 9-in. pastry shell
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded American process cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Arrange asparagus in bottom of pie shell. Top with chicken, bacon and cheese. In a small bowl, beat eggs; stir in cream, flour and salt. Pour into shell. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Asparagus-Chicken Pie
"Great! I added 1/2 tsp onion powder, a couple shakes of pepper, and a bit more cheese, but overall it was a wonderful recipe!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.