I stumbled upon this while I was rummaging through my large collection of recipes. It turned out to be a real find! I like to serve it for brunch and even as a light supper.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup cooked fresh asparagus
- 1 unbaked 9-in. pastry shell
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded American process cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange asparagus in bottom of pie shell. Top with chicken, bacon and
- cheese. In a small bowl, beat eggs; stir in cream, flour and salt.
- Pour into shell. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.