I stumbled upon this while I was rummaging through my large collection of recipes. It turned out to be a real find! I like to serve it for brunch and even as a light supper.
- 1 cup cooked fresh asparagus
- 1 unbaked 9-in. pastry shell
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded American process cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange asparagus in bottom of pie shell. Top with chicken, bacon and cheese. In a small bowl, beat eggs; stir in cream, flour and salt. Pour into shell. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus-Chicken Pie in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus-Chicken Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review