Asparagus Chicken Fricassee Recipe
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and paprika; set 2 tablespoons aside. Coat chicken with remaining flour mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Combine 1-3/4 cups broth and dill; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the asparagus; cover and simmer for 8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and asparagus is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining broth and reserved flour mixture until smooth. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir flour mixture into asparagus mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. serve the chicken and sauce with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Chicken Fricassee(8)
Sort By :
This was delicious. I cut up my chicken into medallions to save a little on cooking time and we used frozen asparagus since it's not in season right now. This tasted wonderful and was a comforting and satisfying meal.
Delicious and very tender chicken. I didn't have dill so I used tarragon. Also served it with white rice. Will definitely make it again.
Very moist, tender chicken. Used a little wine instead of some of the broth.
I would use less salt and add a little more spice. We enjoyed this recipe!
The first time I made this it was good, the second time I added 1/2 cup white cooking wine and it was perfect. My new favorite chicken recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Asparagus Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >