Asparagus Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning several times.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, peppers, corn and onion. Cook, uncovered for 7 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon 1/2 cup on each tortilla; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2 fajitas) equals 350 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Asparagus Chicken Fajitas
"Mild taste of Mexico for an early summer meal. Made for a nice serving of vegetables and I served it with Spanish rice."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.