I first came across this recipe at a restaurant while living in New York City many years ago. This makes a delectable dish for lunch or dinner served with a simple tossed salad. —Jeanne Koelsch, San Rafael, California
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Broil chicken 4-6 in.from the heat for 6-8 minutes on both sides or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Spread half over asparagus. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with chicken. Spread remaining soup mixture over chicken; sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; spread over top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Chicken Divan in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p62
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Chicken Divan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review