- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Broil chicken 4-6 in.from the heat for 6-8 minutes on both sides or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Spread half over asparagus. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with chicken. Spread remaining soup mixture over chicken; sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; spread over top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Asparagus Chicken Divan
Sort By :
This recipe is absolutely delicious. I used canned chicken chunks as that is what I had on hand and it had great flavor. I would only suggest cutting the asparagus in half for easier serving. It's definitely a keeper.
This really turned out nice and my 11 year old ate the asparagus!
I think this recipe needs to be reviewed and quickly- the other lady is right- you'all have left out some major facts!
This recipe has whipping cream and mayonnaise but it doesn't tell me when to mix or with what to mix it with! Could you tell me when to mix it in with the ingredients. This sounds like a real good recipe.