Asparagus Chicken Crepes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen asparagus, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1. For crepe batter, beat eggs and milk in a small bowl. Combine flour and sugar; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper between.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the soup, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Set aside 1/4 cup. Add the chicken, asparagus and ham to remaining soup mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls over each crepe; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Spoon reserved soup mixture over crepes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Gradually fold cream into mayonnaise. Spread over crepes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 477 calories, 33g fat (11g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Chicken Crepes
"This was delicious. I made it for a light dinner with just sliced cantaloupe on the side."
"Delicious! I used chicken and mushroom soup...the topping with the whipped cream was to die for....I used fresh asparagus and it was perfectly cooked after 20 minutes. Will definitely make this one again for guests. I"