Asparagus Chicken Crepes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen asparagus, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1. For crepe batter, beat eggs and milk in a small bowl. Combine flour and sugar; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper between.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the soup, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Set aside 1/4 cup. Add the chicken, asparagus and ham to remaining soup mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls over each crepe; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Spoon reserved soup mixture over crepes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Gradually fold cream into mayonnaise. Spread over crepes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 477 calories, 33g fat (11g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Chicken Crepes
"This was delicious. I made it for a light dinner with just sliced cantaloupe on the side."