- with the potatoes, salt, thyme and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine flour and reserved broth until smooth; stir into soup. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove chicken from bones;
- discard bones and skin. Cut chicken into thin strips; add to soup
- along with cream and parsley. Heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle
- with bacon just before serving. Yield: 16-18 servings (4-1/2
Editor's Note: If fresh asparagus is unavailable, a 10-ounce box of frozen cut asparagus (thawed), may be used. Add it with the chicken, cream and parsley.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 222 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.