- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut up
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a small skillet, combine 1 cup water, bouillon, seasoned salt, lemon-pepper and white pepper. Add asparagus. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove asparagus; cool slightly.
- Cut off several asparagus tips and set aside. Cut remaining asparagus into larger pieces. Place asparagus pieces and cooking liquid in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. In a saucepan, combine asparagus mixture and remaining water; heat through. Reduce heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Garnish with bacon bits and reserved asparagus tips. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Cheese Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p72
Reviews for Asparagus Cheese Soup for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
"This recipe is great just the way it is. Don't need to change a thing. I appreciated that it has much less calories than most asparagus soup recipes. As a retired couple, recipes of this caliber is hard to find."