Asparagus Cheese Quiche Recipe
The fluffy texture of this quiche practically melts in your mouth! The green asparagus and red tomatoes on top make this a natural for the holidays. Sheryl Long, Lincolnton, North Carolina
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Arrange half of the spears in a spoke pattern in a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a blender, combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, egg whites, egg and butter; cover and process until smooth. Add 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, flour, baking powder and salt; cover and process until blended. Carefully pour over asparagus. Arrange remaining asparagus in a spoke pattern over the top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomato. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Cheese Quiche in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Cheese Quiche(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >