- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Arrange half of the spears in a spoke pattern in a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a blender, combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, egg whites, egg and butter; cover and process until smooth. Add 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, flour, baking powder and salt; cover and process until blended. Carefully pour over asparagus. Arrange remaining asparagus in a spoke pattern over the top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomato. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Cheese Quiche in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Cheese Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2012
had it at my sisters, it was very good. Can't wait to make it now myself!
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2009
My family couldn't stop raving about this one! We love this special dish, and my kids don't even usually like asparagus:)