Here's an interesting side dish that'll have folks asking for seconds. It's the perfect vegetable for Easter dinner.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warrmed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus and carrots. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and bail; stir in feta cheese.
- Place a mound of vegetables in the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture. Fold ends and sides over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 425° for 10-14 minutes until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Cheese Bundles in Country April/May 2002, p49
Reviews for Asparagus Cheese Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review