Asparagus Cashew Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the asparagus, onions and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and ginger until blended; gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add cashews and sesame oil. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Cashew Stir-Fry(5)
Sort By :
My husband loved this one
One of those really nice recipes because it is quick and you can substitute items that you have and need to use up which I did. I made this a couple of times but it looked so different each time I don't even think anyone knew. I skipped as much salt as I could each time because of health probs in my family. I added a few shredded carrots the first time and frozen peas and some chopped onion the second time.
I also seasoned this one side one way and one side the other. Sounds silly I know but I love sesame oil and the DH can't have it AND he loves cashews and I don't, so I made a sort of line in the middle and put cashews on one side (had to be unsalted) and sesame oil on the other. Either way it was great. The one other thing I liked about this dish was that it was easy to make to accommodate as many servings as I needed.
Flavors blend so well. I will tweak it to add more veggies!
I just made this dish for my family. It was very easy to make and was absolutely delicious!
This simple, easy to make dish is quite delicious. I did not add the cashews until it was done, so they would not get soft in the leftovers. Also, I added a bit of cooked chicken to round it out for my husband. Thanks for this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >