Asparagus Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated fresh asparagus (about 1 pound), drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add oil, eggs, asparagus, pineapple, orange peel and vanilla; mix well. Fold in pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Add orange peel, vanilla and enough milk until icing reaches desired consistency. Spoon over cake, allowing icing to drip down sides. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Bundt Cake
Sort By :
So yummy! Give it a shot, you wont regret it. I added a bit of orange flavor like the other review suggested, as well as to the icing.
I made it for a coworkers bday and everyone loved it!
Most and tasty -- I would include more orange flavoring possibly 1/2 orange extract and 1/2 vanilla. Well received by guests.